Lice are a common problem in children, but they are easy to prevent with good personal hygiene. Lice are insects that feed on the blood of the scalp and can cause itching and discomfort, which is why we must know the importance of personal hygiene to prevent lice in children.
They are small insects that feed on blood from the scalp. They spread easily through head-to-head contact,
According to the CDC, “some experts believe prophylactic treatment is prudent for persons who share the same bed with actively-infested individuals. All infested persons (household members and close contacts) and their bedmates should be treated at the same time.”
So it is important for children to maintain good personal hygiene to help prevent their spread.
- Wash your hands frequently: Lice can spread through hand contact, so it is important to maintain good hygiene and for children to wash their hands frequently, especially after using the bathroom, before eating, and after playing with others. children.
- Brush your hair every day: Brushing your hair every day helps remove and prevent lice and nits. It is important to brush the hair with a fine comb, especially on the back of the head and behind the ears, where lice often hide.
- Avoid sharing personal items: Lice can also be transmitted through contact with personal items, such as caps, hats, combs and brushes. It is important that children avoid sharing these objects with other children to prevent their spread.
There are also other things you can do to help prevent head lice at school.
- Educate children about lice: It is important for children to know how lice spread and how they can prevent them. Parents and teachers can organize lice education sessions for children.
- Implement lice prevention policies: Schools can implement lice prevention policies to help reduce the spread of lice. These policies may include regular hair checks, education about lice, and measures to prevent children from sharing personal items.
Lice are a common problem, but they are easy to prevent with good personal hygiene and proper prevention measures. Parents and teachers can work together to help keep children safe from lice. We also expand this information in detail at this link: LINK INTERNO (PDF).
Do you have any other tips that help combat lice? We read you in the comments.